Friday, November 4, 2016

SHOP UPDATE: The last couple days in the shop.


Jason finished sand blasting all the parts for Jim's 36 pickup and John's 31 Ford delivery.

 Susi finished the body work on the 2 front fenders of Jim's 36. They look great. They are ready for final wet sand and paint
Susi also got a primer spraying lesson, she primed the 2 front fenders and the hood sides. She is getting ready for more body work.

Of course, since we converted the chassis to air bags. Everything has to be changed. Now that the chassis lays in the dirt, the engine and trans sit to low and hit the ground when aired down. I had to modify the center of the X member again. I raised the engine and trans for clearance today. The transmission mount is done, I will finish the motor mounts on Tuesday.

 I split the drivers fender yesterday. I still need to finish up both ends of the fenders and weld completely but I needed to test fit before I got to far. So far so good, the tires clear when aired down. should work great.




Here is a little sneak peek with the chassis aired down. Its definitely in the dirt, should be a real eye catcher next summer

 We set Susi's cab back on the frame last night. I bolted it down and welded all the nuts inside the frame so we can box it.
 I had to make several trims to get the firewall to clear the bell housing. Between raising the engine and changing the transmission nothing fit. I still have a little cleaning up to do  to the trim and everything fits just right.
 Tonight I tacked in the steering box mount. 
 I assembled and installed the chrome drag link. Unfortunately the tie rod ends don't match so I will have to exchange them.
 I slipped a drive shaft under it so I can figure out the trans tunnel and length for the new drive shaft.
 I test fit the new chrome starter to make sure it fits. You never know when you convert some of this stuff.

SINISTER !

No comments:

Post a Comment