Wednesday, January 4, 2017

SHOP UPDATE: Susi's working out with the long block

 Here is Susi knocking down some skim coat with the long block. She has these doors smooth as a babies butt. They are gonna look great.
 I was a little jealous, I wanted a turn. Just kidding.
 So this is the damaged fender. Someone has pounded on this fender until it is so stretched and distorted I don't think it could be fixed.

 Here is Susi cutting off the bottom of the fender, I have an idea for a cool fix
 I made a wooden buck to form the new lower fender patch

 This is the new fender patch formed with the buck and the bead roller
 Susi is making more parts for the fender
 this is the new patch temporarily fit for trimming.
 I had to fabricate some rear fender braces. I started with 4 Model A braces and started cutting them up.


 Here they are. Two new longer braces for the widened rear fenders. I also changed the shape to clear the taller tires when the air is out and the tire is up in the fender.
 Thie is the brace installed, They should work really good.
We are getting a little closer with the re-shaped rear fenders. The shape and proportions fit the rear of the truck much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment