Thursday, February 8, 2018

AFTER HOURS: The latest progress on my 40 pickup



 Jason was able to get all my parts sand blasted for me over the last few weeks.
 I no longer needed the engine and trans in the chassis so I pulled them today.
 I put the blasted cab back on the chassis so I can try to get the metal work done and get it primed. It will need to spend some time outside here and there so I want to get it primered so it is protected.

 It is so much easier to roll around without the heavy engine and trans. Now I can move it between shops by myself.

 So today I focused on the new firewall and floor pan.
First, I welded the 2 firewall panels together and ground them out. Then I worked over the 3 floor panels for final fitment.
 Here are the floor panels in after I bead rolled everything.

Everything is partially tacked in. I ran out of time. Saturday I should finish this up and move on to some of the other issues I have to address. The cab has a bit more rust than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment