Saturday, February 10, 2018

AFTER HOURS: I got in a little time on my English wheel today.


 These are the damaged cowl panels on my 40 pickup
 Susi made a papre pattern for me a few weeks ago
 This is the steel panel I cut this morning for the repair panel.

 The new panels is flat steel. The cowl has a curve from front to rear as well as up and down.
 This wasa perfect situation to learn how to use my English wheel.
 It took a few times of fitting and going back to the wheel but I was able to get the contour I needed for the cowl panels.
 You can see the slight bulge in the center of the panel.


 Here are the new panels welded in on both sides. Turned out great.

Here you can see the curvature of the panels. I am very happy with the finished product

I did a little finish work with a DA sander, Really pleased with the outcome. I know this is not a huge project on the wheel but it is a success for me being as I am just beginning to learn how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment