Thursday, February 16, 2017

SHOP UPDATE: Jim's 36 Ford


 I finished the metal work on the rear fenders for the 36 pickup.

 They are primed and ready for body work.
 Susi has the cab about 50% wet sanded for paint.
 I installed the custom tailgate latches yesterday. These latches will have inside cables so it will eliminate the chains on the outside.
 Now I have to get rid of the chain hardware and clean up the tailgate.
 I started by cutting off the hook for the chain.
 Then I removed the head of the rivet. I drilled into the top of the rivet so I could weld it and still retain the strength but grind it flush for a cleaner look.

 I removed some of the skin to make room for the newly fabricated piece
 Here is the piece i made to finish off the end of the tailgate.

 Getting ready to weld in the new piece.
 Here it is, the new cleaner finished tailgate.
 I rolled the ends in to give it a nice clean finished look. I have been pondering what I was going to do to this for a while. It is so nice when an idea comes together and really works out like expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment