Tuesday, March 1, 2016

SHOP UPDATE: My last day in the shop for a bit.

 The wiring is about 90% finished, Just need a couple of missing switches and wire the front lights.
 I installed the custom dash panel and the steering column tonight.
 I cut the shaft and connected the steering box and column.
 I test fit the seat to get the right length on the steering column and wheel before making the steering shaft.
 The new carb showed up today. I will change the jets and have the wife install it this weekend.

Just a couple of shots as it sits now.

 This is my first attempt at color sanding and buffing an entire panel. I am extremely happy with the results. Until now I have just sanded out the dust and polished small areas. Its a bunch of work but well worth it. Very Happy.

Well, I won't be in the shop for a while. I go in tomorrow for double hernia surgery. It sounds like I will be out of commission for a while. Sounds like a good time to order all the parts for a bunch of these projects so I can really get to work after recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment