Saturday, March 19, 2016

SHOP UPDATE: Converting some old headlight buckets.

 So I picked up these old nickel headlight buckets and rings.
 I cut some rings out with my plasma cutter and fit the into the headlight bucket. I was able to crimp the edges so the rings stay in place. Then I notched them to align the headlight in the bucket.

 Here are the lights fully assembled. They turned out great.
 Here they are installed on the truck. They are Halogen sealed beams with integrated LED turn signals and park lights.

 We made some filler panels for the truck doors. Here I am gluing the anti-rattle material on the inside.

 Here are the panels installed in the doors with all the handles and hardware.
 The truck is wired, dash installed with new glove box and glove box lid. We finished up the mounting brackets for the seat sliders and installed the seat.
 I made some tubes and bench bled the master cylinder. I installed it and Sue and I bled the brakes.
 I finished up the radiator plumbing and Susi filled it with water.
I also made transmission cooler lines and filled the transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment