Friday, July 29, 2016

SHOP UPDATE: A little progress in the shop



So Joe's pickup has an overheating problem pulling steep hills. I hope this idea is the cure. I am pretty sure the lack of thermostats are letting the water flow to quickly through the radiator. The modified thermostats should restrict the flow a bit holding the water in the radiator longer allowing it to cool down. I will have to run a few hills this week and see if it works.
So, I am working on some thermal issues in the model A pickup. It gets pretty hot inside on warm days. I wanted to cover up the underside of the dash so you can't see under the dash. I made this panel and really cleaned up the look. It also seems to help cool things down inside. Nice when you can kill 2 birds with one stone. Next is get some carpet installed and this one is done.
I scored a cool vintage Coke cooler this morning at a garage sale. Thought I would make it a battery box in Sue's hot rod but sounds like she doesn't like it. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment