Friday, June 21, 2013

Picked up a new toy last week. I think this will be the new "SHOP TRUCK"

BEFORE



 AFTER




 Well, as if I needed another truck around the yard. I ran across this one a while back and could not pass it up. I am second owner. It is original paint as well as the old school hand lettering on the doors. Yesterday I give it its first bath in at least 20 years. Been sitting for that long. I brought it home and had it started in less than an hour. Went to drive and realized it had a bad clutch. I put a new clutch the other evening and took it for a drive. I will drop the oil pan and fix a leaking rear main seal and install a new oil pump, rebuild the carburetor and give her a tune up and she should be ready to go. I will slowly work on getting the interior fixed up. I spent 5 hours yesterday deep scrubbing the grime from the inside. It looks pretty good all things considered. Should make a great parts chasing beater truck. Check out the before and after shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment