Friday, December 16, 2016

SHOP UPDATE: Its 3 degrees outside, sounds like a good day to do some welding



 I finished forming the patch for the rear fender,welded and ground it out. Turned out good. Now to fix some old repairs and this one is done.
 Today was the first try with my new english wheel. I needed to contour a patch for the bottom of the door. Its not much of a challenge for someone that knows how to use the wheel. It was much more difficult than I expected but the results were fantastic. I was able to get my patch to lay perfectly flat on the skin and welded in pretty good. I may have rushed the welding a bit but that would be my fault not the patch. All in all, I am totally satisfied with the outcome.



 Both doors are done and ready for prime and body work. It gets a little closer every day.
 I did a little welding on Susi's tonight.
 Gauge holes welded up and ready for Sue to grind.
I also finished welding the rear corner graft. we will have to do some creative patina matching when the cab is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment