Wednesday, April 20, 2016

SHOP UPDATE: Well, on to the next one.........

So we started in on Jim's chassis again. This chassis was finished and then the decision was made to convert to air ride. 

 This is the finished chassis we started with
 This is the conversion to air bags. I wasn't happy with the height.

 A little cutting and grinding. Some fabrication and a set of 2" drop spindles later

 Low enough? I still have 1/4 of an inch if I feel it is necessary. Just kidding, I think we have our stance figured out.
 Now, on to the rear suspension. We established our axle center line.
 Next a little C notch out of the frame

 Welded in a piece of tubing for strength.

 There ya have it. I can't get any lower then that without completely re-designing the entire truck.
Tomorrow I will start setting up the four link and rear Shock Waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment